Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, January 21

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks since we arrived home. Yesterday was the first day that we had no tears! Notta one!!!! She didn't cry through her diaper changes. She didn't cry when we changed her clothes. She didn't even whimper when I put her down to sleep.She didn't even cry during her bath! In fact... she not only sat in the sink... but she laughed and played and smiled! What a sweet little girl. I am telling you... she is amazing. As I rocked her to sleep last night she lay there so relaxed in my arms. Instead of having one hand clenched onto my shirt, both arms lay down limp. She would open her eyes and just stare at my face then slowly close them. When I stood up, instead of instantly waking and clinging onto me... she stayed relaxed and spread her little arms out when I put her in her crib like she was content and comfortable.

I am at work today and will be at work tomorrow too. I am off again next week though. Ron is home with her both days and I will be going home at lunch to see her. I miss her so much it's crazy. When I have to return to work full time it is totally going to stink. I am already counting down the days till summer vacation!!!!

This is the day we received Eden. We are just leaving SWS.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I have been thinking of you, knowing how hard your days at work this must be! I am so glad, and actually not surprised that Eden is making quick adjustments.... she is an amazing baby and you guys are equally amazing! Love you!

kderkos said...

I just absolutely love your blog. My husband and I are in the process of adopting a little boy from South Korea and we too are using AIAA. We are waiting for the I-600 approval notice to come in the mail. I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your journey to S. Korea. I have a bit of a better picture as to what expect when we go. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad to hear that she is adjusting well. I feel like I have so many questions for you. My husband and I are also staying at the SWS house.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jay and Emily said...

It was a joy to see Eden yesterday. I can't get over how happy and well adjusted she is. She was playing with me, laughing and loving all the attention. I had so much fun. She is just one of the great loves of my life. I am so happy to hear that you are all doing well. I am sure you are tired and busy but it seems things are going really well. Love you!

Lynn said...

Amiee... I wouldn't click on that link in the post above... just delete the post!!!

Jenny said...

what a happy little girl! i'm so happy for you :-)

Elizabeth Frick said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to go to work and leave that sweet girl at home!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are really set in motion...you are doing a great job.
Nonna