Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 4

Last Night

It's about 5:45am here in Seoul. Ron is on his way to TomTom's down the street for some yummy made to order pretzels and coffee. We are up for the day and CAN'T WAIT FOR 9:30 TO ROLL AROUND!


After learning that we would not be meeting Eden yesterday we took out our Lonely Planet Guide to Seoul travel guide (which is great) and made plans for the rest of the day. With the snow we were looking for something to do indoors. We decided to go to the COEX Mall. I had not intended on visiting this mall prior to our trip but with the weather and because it is pretty close to where we are staying it looked like the best idea. We took the subway since there were still no cabs and the streets were still not plowed. It was insane. The subway was jam packed and we literally had to squeeze into the subway car. The mall was busy too. This mall was like no mall I have ever been to. Most of it is underground and it is HUGE. Our travel guide said it would be easy to get lost and they are so right. In addition to hundreds of stores this mall had a doctor's office, two dentist offices, a full grocery store, numerous hair salons, an aquarium, huge bookstore, a large 5 floor department store, huge food court and tons of restaurants, and a really cool area with people making and selling all different kinds of foods. This was the neatest place of the mall. I took video instead of pictures because it would be impossible to capture everything with a snap camera. They had so many yummy things to eat... gourmet waffles, gelatin, sushi, live octopus and other strange sea creatures, high stacks of seaweed, cakes that are mini works of art, and tons of stuff that I have never seen. It was incredible. Ron wants to go back.

I was soooo tired since I had woken up about 3:30 in the morning that day. I thought Ron was going to have to carry me back to the guest house. We tried staying up so that we wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night again. We put on some more of the Office but I was out after one episode.. which was about 8:30 I am guessing. Our internal clocks are getting better. We get waves of tiredness (is that a word?) and for the first two days I had a mild headache which I have heard of other travelers getting because of the time change. I have a feeling that we will finally be on schedule and it will be time to go back to Michigan. :)


Em... yes I got your text. My texting is off and on.... sometimes works. It is easier to email. Miss you!


Adrian... I am loving your texts! Mommy tried texting you back but it wouldn't go through. Let me know if you are reading this blog. I love you and miss you soooooo much. You make me smile just thinking about you. Congrats on winning your hockey game and your assist! You rock!

Luca... I love you and think about you every day! Daddy found a coffee shop down the street called Cafe' Luca! We found a shirt with Korean writing on it just like you asked for. Love you so much!

So far... no more snow. We leave in a few hours for our girl. I will write as soon as I can and post pictures!

Ron just came back with a newspaper (as a memento for today) and on the front page is a huge picture of the snowstorm from yesterday! Perfect! :0) The paper says it snowed 10 inches yesterday!!!!

6 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

Great update. Thanks. I am checking in every few hours. Even though I know part of it is the middle of the night I still think there might be a post. Can't wait to hear all about your day today. Love you so very much. I am so happy that even though you were disappointed you were still able to get out and see some of the sights. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you...thanks for the update and great mall story. I'm counting the minutes.....taking Luca to his birthday party. The boys seem happy so don't worry. We love and miss you...Big Day today and I know it's filled with love.
Nonna

Lynn said...

Oh!! So glad to hear all about your silver lining!! Shopping and eating is always a plus!! Glued to your blog!! Love You!!

Elisabeth said...

I can't wait to read that you met her!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - Adrian just sent a picture on Justin's cell phone...we are so happy for you! Travel safe and be well. We can't wait for you to come home so we can see your precious little girl :)

The La Rue family

Pick's said...

Hi it is Zach Adrian just gave me the adress. It is tuesday 4:23pm. I love the pics I think Eden is very cute can't wait to see her! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you I just can't express it, and comporehend it.can't wait for you to get back Zach