Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 18

More Progress

Friday we met with our social worker for our first of three post placement visits. Everything went really well. I really like our social worker. She agreed that Eden is adjusting great so far and had some suggestions on other ideas to help her. We meet again in February.



Sunday we took Eden to church for the first time. She was so great! She sat with us and didn't make a fuss. I couldn't believe that she as actually there with us. So many times I would be sitting in church praying for her, praying for the strength to get through the wait.


Eden continues to do well with attachment and bonding. It is defiantly a process. One area will seem to improve while another I feel like we are moving backwards. For example on Monday she was super clingy. She wouldn't play or let me out of her sight. She only wanted to be held and would cry if I set her down. However, that night she took a bath without screaming!!!! This is a first! I have to credit Luca because he sang to her and kept her attention through the whole thing. She wasn't actually sitting in the water I was holding her at the edge of the sink and was pouring water on her... but each time I tried this before she would freak out. Progress!!! Also, yesterday she would not go down for a nap in her crib but went down without crying at bedtime... another first. So it's kind of like two steps forward one step back. Overall though she is doing great. She no longer cries during diaper changes and usually doesn't cry when we change her clothes. She will lay on her back without screaming. She will also play on her own while I fold laundry or do a short task. Tonight is bath night for her so we will see how it goes. I will be sure to have Luca there to sing, "Hush little Sei-in don't say a word... Luca's gonna buy you a mocking bird" which is so adorable.

6 comments:

Laura said...

So glad to hear things are getting better!! :) Don't worry, we struggle with nap time too... it used to be bedtime was a problem for Will, but now he goes down without a fuss.

Love for Lilly Yin said...

She is just beautiful! I am glad I am not the only one who loves Gymboree...LOL. Yes, one step forward and two back...it is that way, but in the end it will all work out.

Elizabeth Frick said...

She's such a little cutie :) Glad things are settling for you all.

everythingismeowsome said...

I totally agree with the 2 steps forward, 1 step back thing. We are 2 months in and that is still the way for us. But when we look back to 2 months ago, this are enormously different--in a good way!!! You're doing a great job!

Jay and Emily said...

Great news. I would love to hear Luca singing to her. I got to visit with her this AM and can't get over how wonderful she is doing. Love her to pieces!!

Elisabeth said...

She is such a charmer I bet - that polka dot outfit makes me smile! Glad she is doing better with everything.