Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, October 13

Hurry Up and Wait

That has been my life for the past three or so years. I don't know which is more annoying... the hurrying or the waiting.... well, probably the waiting. After receiving our legals we needed to make some copies of other required documents, sign a bunch of papers, obtain ANOTHER note from our doctor stating that our health hadn't changed (our doctor is about 1/2 hour away from my house), write yet another check, and drop everything back off at our agency (about 45 minutes from our house). I am so sick of driving around and rushing to get things signed and organized and the stress involved in that. Then, after dropping all of the stuff off, I get to sit back and wait. Wait for someone somewhere to do their job and HOPE that they do it quickly. I keep telling myself that we are almost there... almost done with the paperwork... almost done with the stress of "adopting"... almost done with waiting... almost done with this whiplash of stop and go.Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is both wonderful and frustrating at the same time.

Adoption will always be part of our lives. Even with the stress, pain, tears, and endless paperwork... I still think it is a beautiful thing and would do it again in a heart beat. We truly are blessed that we have the opportunity to adopt and am madly in love with our daughter. However, I am really ready for the "we are adopting" phase to be over and anxious for us to just be a family.

I am told it should take a week or two for approval from the county probate court and then our I600 can be filed with Immigration (USCIS). We will then wait for immigration approval.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is stressful but in the end so worth it. Try to look at it as though you "JUST" filed with Korea. Things are moving along pretty fast and they have been right on the mark with procedure schedule. I know it will be really soon -I can feel it.
Nonna

Lynn said...

It is worth it! And I assure you... the stress is a nice thing to be done with! A different kind of stress settles in a much better kind!

Shirlee McCoy said...

Your daughter is beautiful. I hope things speed along from here.

Jess said...

Hang in there! I know this is the most difficult part, especially since you've seen her beautiful face and just want to hold her! Make a list of things you need to do before Eden. We did the same with Emma...and didn't get them all done! Praying that your wait will be quick and your waiting will be over soon!

Jay and Emily said...

You have done a amazing job coping with all of this stress. Of course, you know that the end result by far out weighs the stress of now. Hold tight. She will be here soon. As a family member, the past six months seems to have gone very quickly but I do understand that you have been "expecting" for almost three years. You are ready for your baby to be home. My gut tells me it is right around the corner. I can't wait to see her beautiful face in person and to see the joy she brings to all of you.

Unlock Blackberry Instantly said...

Hi,
Unlockblackberryinstantly provide you instant unlock code for your blackberry phone worldwide. Unlock Blackberry phone to any networks in seconds. Get BlackBerry Unlock Instructions for Torch, Bold, Curve, Pearl, Storm, Tour etc. All Blackberry Models Supported.

Thanks for sharing!
how to unlock blackberry

Car Auction said...

Nice Post!
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks
Sell Buy Car