Thursday, March 4
11 Months Old
Our little sweetie is 11 months old today and has been with us almost two months. It is amazing how much she has grown and changed already. Since we have been home...
* Her hair has gotten so much longer! The top hangs in her eyes now. Good thing I have lots of bows!!! Trying to figure out how to trim bangs on a child that doesn't hold still. :)
* She clearly says "Mama" and knows what it means. She doesn't just whine it anymore... "mammmamammmamama" which is nice. :)
* She will clap and say "yea"
* Will wave hi and bye bye
* EVERYTHING goes into her mouth. I have to watch her every second. Her top two teeth have just broken through.
* She still hates her car seat and baths.
* She sleeps like a champ and doesn't cry at all when we lay her down for naps or at night.
* She is NOT a patient baby (is there such thing?) and will make a huge fuss when she doesn't get what she wants right away!
* She loves loves loves to eat. I call her Miss Piggy. She really enjoys eating table food and now will put up a stink if she is served baby food. She only has two tiny teeth so this makes it difficult to give her much as far as table food goes. She really enjoys eating Nonna's homemade chicken soup (don't we all) and likes when I boil up some carrots or potatoes for her.
* She is a busy body. She protests diaper and clothing changes because she just can't stand to be kept from whatever she is doing. She can wiggle out of her clothing you are trying to put on her like a pro. Sometimes I have to count to ten while I am getting her dressed! It is so frustrating!
* She loves our dog and loves the boys. Feeling is mutual. :)
* She has the most beautiful little eyelashes that curl up at the corners!
* She has the most hilarious grunt and growl sounds. It is so funny to hear these noises come out of such a pretty little girl! :)
* We watched Pororo the other day on YouTube. It is a very popular kids cartoon in Korea. We were told that she loved it and came home with several Pororo toys. When it came on screen she smiled so big! She then kept looking at the screen then looking back at me with the look of surprise. It was so cute.
* She is quickly growing out of her 6 - 12 months clothes!
* She seems to be attaching well to all of us. She is also attaching well with my parents who watch her a few days per week while I am at work. She is affectionate and happy.
* She does not like to wear shoes or a winter coat. The minute she sees the coat she cries.
* The boys can't stand to hear her cry. I could be in the other room with Eden and if Luca hears her crying he will stop what he is doing, come in, and start singing to her. It is the dearest thing. If Adrian hears her in the morning he will go into her room to soothe her. I can hear him and see him on the video baby monitor. It is so sweet. If only the boys would show each other the love, kindness, and patience they show their sister!!!!
* Some of her odd behaviors have stopped. She no longer pulls her hair. She did this when we first brought her home. She would pull it so hard that I thought she would pull it out. This was clearly her expressing her anxiety, anger, frustration, or whatever she was feeling when we brought her home. I also notice that she is scratching and swatting less. When we first brought her home she would dig her nails into my skin... and everyone else too. She doesn't do that as often anymore nor does she hit. Another odd behavior that she showed was head banging. She would headbutt often. She had several bruises on her forehead when we first got home from hitting her head on things. She doesn't really do that anymore. Thank goodness.
* She is a good shopper! :0)
* I finally have figured out her tickle spot! We have tried tickling her and she would just not respond. I found that she likes to be ticked.... roughly! I really gotta tickle her kind of hard on her sides for her to laugh out loud!
* She loves her pacifier and will develop a little rash around her mouth from sucking on it all day. I am trying to limit it as much as possible now. I wasn't about to restrict it when we first arrived home because it is such a comfort to her.
* She is a LIGHT sleeper. Even with the sound machine she will still sometimes wake if she hears something.
* She loves to be in the baby sling. Even though the carrier is a torture device for me... I still wear it because she enjoys it so much. When I pull it out she gets all excited and starts climbing up before I can even get the straps hooked!
* She shakes her head "no" but doesn't know what it means yet. They boys think it is so funny to ask her questions and have her shake her head. Their favorite is, "Deal or no deal?"
It is hard to believe that in one short month she will be one year old!