Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 20

Prayers Needed

We have hit a bump in the road. There has been an error in some of the paperwork with immigration. This error solely rests with USCIS Michigan office... not us, not Korea, not our agency. They have been a thorn in my side each step of the way. I don't have the time or energy to explain the whole thing and to be honest I don't really understand it all myself. This is not the first time we have had problems with USCIS. Dealing with them is not easy either. There isn't a human being you can talk to to help you or answer any questions. I thought I lucked out and actually got someone on the line but they just ended up giving me an email address telling me to email my concerns. Nothing has been completed without some kind of drama or error. I am trying to stay positive. I am praying that this will be a quick fix and will not hold up our process in bringing Eden home. Pray for my sanity and for a speedy process.

For what it's worth... I know of two families who are home with their children who received referrals about the same time we did. Both are not from Michigan and didn't use the Michigan USCIS office. Also, approvals from Michigan USCIS were taking between just a few days to a few weeks in September. We have been waiting over three and Michigan USCIS is now quoting an average wait of two months. My head is exploding.

The hardest part of adoption, for me, is not the waiting or the unknowns, or the risk... it is having your hopes and dreams in someone hands. Leaving them to do their job, their part in the process. When they mess up, it's a feeling hard to describe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you a big cyber ((Hug)). I get how your feeling. We have hit such a big snag with DCFS and fingerprints. Do these people know you shouldn't mess with a Momma Bear that wants her baby? I hope things get resolved for you soon and Eden is in your arms.
Beth

Elisabeth said...

Oh no. I am so so sorry and will pray for them to get their act together quickly so you can bring Eden home. Booooo

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Sorry to hear that. We will keep you in our thoughts.

We know how aggravating it can be. We had a paperwork snag that delayed our travel to Jake for a short time. Hopefully your issue will get worked out soon.

Jenny said...

oh no! i'm so sorry to hear this :( i will be praying they get their act together FAST!

Jay and Emily said...

I am so very angry. I wish they understood that a child is the one to suffer in all this. Each month that goes by is longer she is not with her forever family. I know she is well cared for but this just makes me so upset. I am praying and thinking of you.