Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 28

Getting Nerdier By The Minute

After teaching first grade for eleven years, I accepted another teaching position at another school. I will be teaching computers this fall to kindergarten through eighth grade. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. Getting into the computer/technology end of education has been something I have worked toward for a long time. I have had the pleasure of working with some amazing people. I was part of a group who spoke at a large Education/Technology conference (MACUL) in Detroit a few years ago. Twice I have the honor of having my students present classroom technology projects at the Student Technology Showcase in Lansing. I landed a dream job six years ago at a school which pioneered much of the educational technology that is now used throughout our whole district. Soooo... this has been a long time coming. This job won't be without it's challenges. I am working at a school that is basically starting from scratch. They are looking to me for what to purchase... which is a HUGE SCARY responsibility but very exciting at the same time.

I went into my previous school yesterday. They were having their open house. It was really funny to hear the stories of why I wasn't at the school anymore. Some I heard were....

* I was fired

* I got married.... one husband is enough, thank you very much :)

* I was moved into a portable classroom outside the building

and my personal favorite...

* I died. No, I am not kidding. One of the teachers told another teacher that I was "gone" and she thought that I had died.



In other news....

We completed all of the paperwork for our homestudy update and I171 extension for our adoption. We are just waiting for our social worker to approve the final draft of the update so we can mail it out. Things continue to move slowly with the adoption referrals each month. Our adoption continues to become less and less of a focus for me. Self preservation I assume. I am really glad that I have this new job to keep my mind really busy for a while... less time to think and feel. There are times when I am overwhelmed with feelings of frustration and sadness. The other night Ron and Adrian were talking about how they were going to take some fishing trips together this fall and all the fun they would be having. Instead of feeling happy, I felt so sad and jealous. Things have to pick up, right???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all...congrats on the new job! I am and will always be proud of you. It was time to move on and just think of all the good you will do with this new position.

Like you, we dream of the day Eden is in your arms.
Nonna

Jay and Emily said...

Yes...WAY TO GO on landing the new job. Those eighth graders are going to love you!!! We're all waiting to have Eden as a part of our family. I'm sure you're very frustrated but the day will come. In the meantime, just continue to enjoy your boys. Why don't you go on the fishing trips with Ron and Adrian? I'm sure you'd have a blast. Luca can stay with us anytime....it can't get much crazier around here...haha! - Jay

Jay and Emily said...

Congratulations on the new job! They are very lucky to have you and I know you will do a great job. I agree with Jay - those boys are going to love you.

We all want Eden here now! If there is anything we can do to help, you know we are here. We will watch Luca for you to go fishing with Adrian and Ron. I promise that you will have fun girl shopping weekends with Eden and you will create beautiful memories. We all will.

Love you - E

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job!! I love the commments on why you are not teaching at Duncan anymore!!

Niki

Anonymous said...

I think one of your advertisements caused my internet browser to resize, you might want to put that on your blacklist.