Wednesday, August 4
16 Months Old
Another month come and gone. Here is what Eden is up do now....
* She is a climber! She has discovered that she can climb up on the couch and chair. She tried to climb the gate as well. Oh boy.
* She is the complete opposite of the baby we brought home seven months ago. My quiet, contented, take anywhere baby... has been replaced with a insanely loud, active, easily irritated, fiery, into everything toddler. She has a mind of her own and can throw a tantrum like nobody's business. SHE IS SOOOOOOO NOT AN EASY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Her language development has sparked over the past month. She has added "all done", "up", and "e-i-e-i-oooooo" into the mix. She will try to repeat lots of words I say but most come out not sounding quite right. She will get the sing song pattern of what I am saying but will just use "ma" as the word.
* Bath time is now fun!!! It only took seven months but we finally convinced her that she doesn't need to scream bloody murder! I have proof....
* She weighs 22 pounds and is tall for her age on the American growth chart.
* She has figured out how to unzip and take off her sleep sack. She will have it totally off when I get her out of her crib in the morning. Oh, and she likes to take her diaper off too.
* She loves to read books. I love when she squats down to look at one. Like this...
* I have found that if we are going anywhere it is best to wait to put on any shoes or socks and not to do her hair/put in hair bows until we arrive at our destination. I think that removing them is her way of getting back at me for making her ride in the car seat. :)
* If you ask her where her eyes are, she will blink real hard. If you ask her where her nose is, she will point to yours.
* It appears that she really likes Barney. Oh brother.
* She LOVES to brush her teeth!
* She is down to one or sometimes two bottles. She LOVES her morning bottle and will cry for it even if you give her other food. She rarely drinks her night time bottle anymore though.
This little girl is a handful. She is super curious, smart, headstrong, independent, and fearless.... all great qualities. However, they can also make mommy's life a little nutty!!!!!!
She really is the most beautiful child I have ever seen. I look at her and she takes my breath away. Even when I am tired and frustrated... I look at her and marvel in her beauty.